Follow OPEN MAR VISTA
Hi fellow Artists and Crafters,

Time to share some information regarding our Arts and crafts collective and the Mar Vista farmers market.
I am very excited to share with you that I am the new arts and crafts coordinator for the Mar Vista farmers market.

The market is held every Sunday, Rain or Shine!
8:30am -2:00pm
Grandview @ Venice Blvd., LA 90066
The Farmers Market anniversary celebration is on August 3rd.
Just like last year there will be arts and crafts vendors.
The selection for this event has been made but let me tell you how you might be able to participate in the future...

Starting in September we are hoping to have a group from the Mar Vista arts and crafts collective participate at the market on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month.
The month of December will be an exception: we will be at the market every week and this will give more vendors a chance to participate.
We are just waiting on final approval from the Farmers market board at their next meeting on July 30th.

Artists and Crafters who want to sell at the MV farmers market, will need to be part of our Mar Vista arts and crafts collective and apply to join “The Market Group".

The Market Group has criteria that do not apply to the Mar Vista arts and crafts collective.
Whereas the Mar Vista arts and crafts collective is open for all to join, The Market Group will be juried and we will have a cap on the number of vendors in each category.
Based on the number of artists in our market group, we will have a rotating schedule so you might be there once a month on the 1st Sunday and Sally might have every 3rd Sunday.

The names of arts and crafts vendors who are participating on a particular day will be posted under “events” on Open Mar Vista. This will allow friends, customers, and the Mar Vista community to see when a particular vendor will be at the market.

To be considered for the market group, please note the following:

1 You need to be a resident of Mar Vista.
2 Your product needs to be handcrafted by you.
3 email or send a brief description of your work.
4 email or send pictures of your work.
5 Agree to a $75 booth fee each market day.
6 Sign a hold harmless agreement for the Farmers market.
7 Sign The market group agreement.

If you have any questions, please email me.
I look forward to our collaboration.
Peace,
Birgitta

Views: 88

Replies to This Discussion

Hi -- I'd like to apply for The Market Group. How do I go about doing that? I'm an arts and crafts collective member.
Thanks
Hi Laura,
Welcome to the arts and crafts collective.
I have attached two forms for you to look at and fill out.
Please send it to my personal email Birgittak@verizon.net.
Peace,
birgitta

RSS

Subscribe to Mar Vista's
daily email newsletter.

Register to become a contributor

© 2019   Created by Open Neighborhoods.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service